Tuesday 15 March 2011

Our trip to the Zoo

A few posts ago I mentioned my first travel related apiphony, that I am far vainer that origionally thought. Today I had a second. I turn into a bad bad person in the heat. It's lovely to begin with. The sun shining down on you, kissing you gently with its rays...but then after about 4 hours of walking about in it I get a bit like, Do you mind woman!? Can't you see I'm trying to DO things?!? Stop kissing me with your rays!!! YOUR STRESSING ME OOOOOOOUT!!!
Then I feel cloustrephobic and my skin gets all itchy and everything is just wrong! Jake pointed out the road was clear to cross so started making his way to the other side, and in my head I said something along the lines of
"Oh Reeeeeeeeeally!? You want to cross the road now do you!? That's right go ahead. Don't worry about meeeee! We'll just do what YOU want to do. All the time. Everyday...Hmpf!"
It was one of those things where I know I'm being completely unreasonable, but I'm in such a bad mood I don't really care. 
So there we go, I'm vain and the heat turns me into a stroppy cow. I'm hoping I get a positive apiphany soon. It only seems fair!
Apart from stifling heat and sore feet the zoo was great. Its the first time I've ever seen giant pandas! The male was named WangWang, and the female Funi....Hopefully you, like me, would have thought somthing like "Well, that seems appropriate! Hehehe *snigger*". Another thing that amused me about the zoo was how very un P.C the whole thing was! I'll give you an example of what I mean...
One of the icelollies is names "Golden Gaytime", there's a cheese named "CoonCheese" and, to top it off (this seemed like the most absurd, probably due to the visual aid) was a sign saying "No disabled access"...fair enough. Exept it was accompanied by a picture of someone in a wheelchair slipping uncontrollably down a slope into the open jaws of a crocodile!
Maybe I'm just being very English.
Only a couple of days until we're off to Melbourne. VERY excited :)
Xxx

5 comments:

  1. Nice one Beth, tears rolling as usual. So sorry about being late for skype this morning. Dad's had good day. Marzipan cake went down a treat! We're watching film (2012) as a birthday treat. Dad says to remind you 'Dispicable Me' is great film, kids (well Lily) loved it! All the best for the next stage of your journey. much love to you both. Ems x

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol..... do you remember was it William sitting on my lap while the electric chair skidded down that hill..WELL SCAREY ..at least I was heading to wards Crocs though...Loving your blogs with everyone else...Please put them in book form when you get home..even with the replies cos they are making me laugh and I think could touch others xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops mean I was NOT heading towards crocs...lol..
    and you know these things you are learning about yourself? lol.... we all know them anyway...looking forward to the next one....so far ..vanity...well I think we all like to look good or at least clean lol...and grumpy patch in the heat....well you are probably finding it hard to keep up with Jake when he walks anyway...as two of your steps makes one of his..You ate Croc? that just seems like a bit of revenge going on!! Croc attacks humans so Beth eats croc...MISSING OU SO MUCH EVEN WATCHING SCRUBS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your stories when you get stroppy with Jake..it so reminds me of Trev and I..we get worked up (really worked up!) about the most silly of things and then we move on.Like when I cheered when Tottemham was beaten by Wolves the other week. I laughed out loud and he got a right strop with me that lasted a day!
    I hope you had a good talk with Funni Wang Wang and told them you would not tolerate any hanky panky on your watch!
    Love you Beth and keep writing those stories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh this is how i post a comment :)

    ReplyDelete