Wednesday 9 February 2011

Badges with a V

If your going to understand this story you need to be aware of the following definition, as awkward as it may be for those of my family who belong to the older generations.

Vadge: A slang term for the female genitalia

I'm glad we got that out of the way.

An elderly person, lets call them...Alex, to avoid gender specifications, was chatting to me about this and that, when a puzzled look came across their face.
"What are those" Alex asks, pointing at a row of collectable vases along the top of a mantlepiece.
"Vases" I reply.
"Badges?"
"Nooo, vases!"
"Badges?!"
"VASES!"
"Yes, thats what I said, badges"
I realise at this point that repeating the same thing over and over again at increasing volumes isn't actually getting us anywhere. I rethink my strategy.
"No, Vases, with a V"
"With a V? Vadges?!....I'm afraid I don't know what a Vadge is dear"
"*Giggle*...*splutter*...No, I said, *giggle*..."
"Or for that matter why you would put your Vadges in a row on the mantelpiece"
"HAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

It took me a good 20 minutes for the giggles to subside...and even now I can't help but smile when I think of it. God bless the hard of hearing!







1 comment:

  1. Bluebells...glad you could laugh....that was a hard job and I am proud you stuck it out...ha ha ha... I remember you telling us about this..very funny xxx

    ReplyDelete